Monday, May 16, 2016

Imagine My Surprise...

Imagine my surprise when I received two notifications this morning from friends telling me that I WAS FAVED on splitcoaststampers.com  (I had to close my own mouth.  Yes, it was hanging open)  I hurried over to see what it was all about and found that this card was the Favorite of the Week last week (5/9/16) for the Clean and Simple Challenge.  You can find it here, http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2721071

I still can't believe it, but am trying to do something about it - like SHOW IT OFF.  I almost didn't upload as when I finished I didn't think it looked very "Clean and Simple".

I started with the  black layer. The next layer you can only see through the cut of the butterfly and is a small piece of Faux Silk made from a very pretty napkin.

The butterfly shape was not showing up really well because the right wing is black and the flowers on the dp are too, so I added gold embossing around the entire butterfly.

Then I added the Memory Box city scape to show the butterfly emerging out from the city.  I'm thinking I like it better today.   :)

1 comment: