Sunday, June 10, 2012

FS279 Special Day for Stephanie

Hello Ladies, 
(and if you are not a lady, then more power to you).  This is my card for the Featured Stamper challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers today located here.

My computer was tied up half the day because Bob found a virus and did all his restoration and scan stuff all afternoon.  Then we sat down to eat and watched a couple neighbor kids shoot a "rocket" into the archery club directly across from our house.  Smoke started immediately.  The kids went over the fence to check it out, but it's warm and very windy today and it was gone.

Bob ran to check it out and called the Volunteer Fire Dept immediately as this was directly across the road and our house was downwind from the fire.  Yikes!  The next problem was how to get in the gate.  There is a big fence with a locked gate around the archery club and no one knew the combination.  I couldn't go home by this time as the smoke was too thick, and it was too far to hold my breath.   Bob was at home watering our grass just in case.  Thankfully only one evergreen tree at the archery club burned and the rest was grass.  If the trees had started, our house might have gone.  I am thankful, thankful, thankful.  It seems to be over now except for the bad smoke smell in the house.

Now for my card.  I have a layer of green and then a layer of dots.  Next I cut a Nestabilities Label Die, cut it in half and used one piece on each side of the center strips.  The ribbon is glued on to the strips and the "bow" is not a bow, but the leftover piece of twill tied in a knot and stuck on with Zots.

Then I cut two circles with my Coluzzle, offset the top one and stamped a sentiment from Inkadinkado. The edges of the sentiment circle are inked with Ranger Antique Linen.  Now I think I will go catch my breath and see if the police car is still sitting at the neighbor's house.

The nice thing about "neighborhood excitement" is that you get to meet neighbors you have never seen before - and we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment