Awhile back I said I was working on some Garden Art and that I would post a picture. With lots of help from Bob, we finally have mushrooms in the yard. All it takes is some dead logs from our woods, some bowls from Goodwill, a little spray paint and a screw.
OK that's materials. I was picky about my shapes and looked for only stainless steel bowls. I sprayed the insides a pale yellow and - on this first bunch, I used red for the outside. Then I made a pattern which was a circle punched out of paper, laid it on the bowl and sprayed the white. Bob drilled a hole in the center and screwed it to the logs for me. They are by no means perfect, but I'm happy.
The third ones were a little harder. I couldn't find bowls in the perfect shape, but close. I think the hardest part was placing the logs in the ground just right. They ARE NOT just right, but they are staying the way they are and, for this year at least, I have mushroom garden art.
This last set is sprayed orange and left plain with no spots.
When he got half way through drilling these orange ones, my sweetie asked me if the bowls were stainless steel as they would be much harder to drill. Oops! He did a fine job and really the only hard one was the mixing bowl as it has a double bottom. Now I think I need to be done with this type of project for awhile as today we bought LOTS of flowers to plant Have a nice weekend.