Wednesday, August 7, 2013

HSCRC13 #13

Hi Everyone,
This is my card for the current Hymn and Scripture Challenge (HSCRC13 #13) located HERE.  I can't remember singing this hymn, but my sister can and good old Mister Bob sang me the first two lines.   I didn't have to look far to find a great thought and that thought reminded me of another song.  I picked the second line of the first verse (Our Shelter in the stormy blast).  This reminded me of "A shelter in the time of storm" and I immediately thought of my Our Daily Bread Lighthouse stamp.  It has verses to go along with it and Proverbs 18:10 was perfect.
God is SO MANY things to us and  "shelter" is so necessary lately.  He is our Help, our Hope, our Shelter and I added a Lifeline out of twine and a music note for Joy.
So...
A lighthouse is not only a shelter, but a warning with a huge light to lead us to it quietly - in the middle of our storms.  We tend to run AWAY from any storm that comes along, but God is there in the middle of it to shelter us and care for us.

2 comments:

  1. Nice card, Carol! I like the images and sentiment in b+w. Pretty polka dot paper, too. I appreciate your message, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card, Carole! A beautiful post! Thank you! :o)

    ReplyDelete