Thursday, August 15, 2013

Where's Jack


I think you've probably heard the story of Jack and the Beanstalk.  I have, but can't remember it very well.  Bob must be Jack.  This is a half barrel that I planted some climbing beans in and on the bottom I put a little tripod for them to climb on.  Bob decided they needed more climbing room, so he stuck a very long piece of conduit in there for them to climb on.  Not sure why because Alvin and Bugs B. couldn't reach them anyway.  They had already chewed off the ones in front and I think I got smart with this barrel.  There have been "no beans" forever and then I went out and looked and way up at the top where I can't reach,  and can hardly see, there are BEANS.  Picture below to prove it.
I am going to have to get Bob to get a ladder tonight and pick these guys before Alvin remembers he can climb.
These beans are not what I have seen in the gardens of my friends who are for real gardeners, but they are beans if my camera can be trusted and one of these days, I will have enough saved up for a meal.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that does look a Bob and the Beanstalk! Glad you're getting some beans and they're not being consumed by Alvin. Hee! :) Hope they taste good for all the effort.

    ReplyDelete