Sunday, September 1, 2013

HSCRC13 #15 He Leadeth Me

Hi Everyone, This is my card for the newest Hymn and Scripture Challenge #15 located HERE.  The hymn is He Leadeth Me. I took a little liberty and updated the words to be more modern and more to my liking.  The panel on the left just says, "He Leads Me"  He does and I am so glad for it.  I have to be listening and familiar with His voice to know what He is saying though, and sometimes I am listening to way too many other voices.
When I ask God a question and I get the same answer twice in a very short time, I usually sit up and listen.  For example, I have ben praying for a person for many years.  A couple days ago I was reading a chapter in the morning and really started whining to God as to why my prayers for this person were not answered.  I was reading in Matthew and a note took me to Ephesians 6:12, which says we are fighting against the spiritual forces of evil and our struggle is not really with people.  OK.  I accepted that. The next thing I read is a small devotional book called Jesus Calling.  I read the reading for the day which also referred me to Eph 6:12.  Now I am really listening.  The third thing happened this morning.  We sang a song in church that has a line that says, "the God of angel armies is always by my side".  I can't sing it without crying.  This was all such an encouragement to me to keep praying for the person, and to know that God - who is more powerful than the spiritual forces of evil - is on my side and with Him there, I can't lose.


No comments:

Post a Comment