Monday, October 7, 2013

HSCRC13 #17 Tell Me the Stories of Jesus

This is my card for the current Hymn and Scripture Challenge which you can find HERE.  The hymn is Tell Me the Stories of Jesus.  I am not familiar with this hymn and kept getting it mixed up with "Tell Me the STORY of Jesus".  The entire Bible is the STORY of Jesus, but the stories are in the gospels, which is where I am reading just now.
One of my favorites is the story of the Prodigal Son - the reason being that I can identify so well.  I found the story in Luke 15 and the verse I chose was Luke 15:17 which starts "When he finally came to his senses..."  Look it up.

4 comments:

  1. I love the layout and the music sheet.
    You can listen to this song here: http://www.lds.org/music/library/childrens-songbook/tell-me-the-stories-of-jesus?lang=eng

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya. I am listening as I write. It must have been a long time because as soon as I heard it, I knew it was one I had heard - but maybe just not quite so familiar as the other one.

      Delete
  2. Nice card! Like the crimped kraft with my favorite tall daisies. Your choice of scripture certainly peaked my interest and I will definitely look it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops, forgot to add that I like the textured base, too. :)

    ReplyDelete