Wednesday, July 24, 2013

HSCRC13 #12 Leaning on the Everlasting Arms

Hi Everyone,
This is my card for the current Hymn and Scripture Challenge located HERE.  The hymn is "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms.  I will admit I had a little trouble coming up with an idea to run with.  I think the first part of all three stanzas is great and put those words on the card.
"What a Fellowship..."
"Oh, how sweet to walk..." and
"What have I to dread..."
These three lines are the best for me, but I did have a hard time relating to snuggling in God's arms. (I am way to independent)   I concentrated on the word "Lean" and finally came up with Bill Withers song "Lean on me" which helped by being a stepping stone to the real thing.  Withers is talking about leaning on a human being "when you're not strong".  I can relate to that.  It's all about trust.  You would not "spill your guts" to a person you didn't trust, nor would you ask for help if you didn't think they could give it.  If you leaned on someone with a broken leg, you both would fall.  So the verse I picked is Proverbs 3:5a (Living Bible) "Trust in the Lord completely..."  This is even more than to just 'lean'.  It's going all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment