Saturday, March 23, 2013

HSCRC #5 Search Me

This is my card for the Hymn and Scripture Challenge #5 located here.  I really had a hard time with this one.  When I saw what the hymn was, I immediately thought of this Mary Engelbreit picture, and a hunted it up.
I had looked at the hymn and decided I really liked the third verse where it says, "Take all my will, my passion, self & pride.  I now surrender, Lord in me abide."  I was feeling really "spiritual" and ready to start my card and then I looked at the picture.  What did I see?  Attitude!  Yes, attitude.   Look at that elbow.   She seemed to be saying "Here, take my heart, but you can look it over and you won't find anything bad in there.  Small stuff maybe, but nothing major"  She's not letting you see her eyes either.  And...I could identify really well.  Too well.
So then I went looking for my verse.  I finally picked Hebrews 4:12 and by this time God was showing me way more that was in my heart than I wanted to hear about.
Needless to say I have felt very beat up these last two weeks, but I believe God is the winner, and that makes ME a winner.  The inside of the card has a list.  It says, "Patience, Kindness, Thoughtfulness, Courage, Gentleness, Faithfulness and Love.   All these are a picture of you"
And this is my Goal

2 comments:

  1. Sweet card
    Deep tgoughts
    Grace filled conviction
    perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is in our weakness that HE is perfected. Thank you for your honesty and your insight. Definitely a thought provoking card, Carol

    ReplyDelete