Wednesday, March 27, 2013

SC429 Card to Self

The Card
This is my card for SC429 on splitcoaststampers.com located HERE.  I used scrap strips, a piece of corrugated cardboard and a strip of words that I had made for another card recently.  The center panel is cut from Kraft with a Spellbinders Petite Oval that I ran through the Cuttlebug after putting Ranger Distressed Vintage Photo on one side.  The butterfly is cut from a scrap with a Spellbinders die.
The Reason Behind the Card
A close acquaintance of ours committed suicide last night.  As I made the card, I tried to figure out the mind and heart of a person who would do that, and what could have been done to prevent it, if anything.  I am thinking he must have lost all hope for various reasons.  Maybe he felt God could just not forgive something he had done or maybe he couldn't forgive himself.  I only know that losing all hope would be the worst thing in the world.  There is always hope with Jesus, and if only I could get this across to people who don't understand it. The whole world can be against me, but Jesus is always FOR me and always there to comfort and encourage.  I think I am still in shock over our friend.  The card for myself will have nothing but a question mark inside and I will always wonder.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We had a young man from our church recently attempt suicide. He would have been the 4th at our small town high school this year. It is so hard to understand the hopelessness that they must feel.
    Love your card with the great textures. Praying for you and your friends as you cope with the loss of your acquaintance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carol, I am so sorry - that's such a hard situation for everyone left behind to deal with, never mind the tragedy for the person themselves.

    I do like your card - the brick looks so real I thought it was a photograph at first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no rhyme or reason as you well know, my friend. It is good to pour out the questioning into art...it speaks to me also today.

    Praying

    ReplyDelete