Monday, November 26, 2012

Cards for the Homeless

If you see this in my yard, you better come in because something good is going on.  I am a bit behind, but on Sat Nov 17th, My Paper Inc. group got together to make cards for a homeless shelter in Milwaukee called The Guest House.  There were 15 of us and our goal was 86 cards.  I had asked the girls to start at home and bring some card kits ready for the beginners to assemble.  Bless their hearts, they did.  Then my sister, Melody, who has been cleaning in her craft room, donated 65 beautifully made Christmas cards that just needed an inside sentiment.  These wonderful ladies finished off 183 cards and Bob - my sweetie - took them along with him to work this morning with plans to deliver them to The Guest House.  I am more than pleased and I know they will be too.

1 comment:

  1. Carole, What a great cause and what a great group! I so wish I could be a part of this. Your group is big and you all did a large amount of cards. Impressive stuff. I am so impressed that your dream has come to life. Fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete