Thursday, December 6, 2012

IC365

I am extremely behind again and am starting to think it will be this way for the rest of the year. (I was going to say "life")  We have to think positive.  This is my card for the Inspiration Challenge for Sat. 12-1-12 located here.  The inspiration site was a wonderful place called Signals and I was inspired by the Caroline Abalone Cuff .  If you are looking, you need to click on the LARGE view for my inspiration.  The brown background is embossed with an inked folder and the sides are torn.  This CS was adhesive backed, so it tore really well.
 The flowers are done with the INK SMOOSH method.  That's the only name I know to call it and I don't know where I found it, but I fell in love with it as a use for reinkers.  A short tutorial is this.  Put drops of several colors of ink on one piece of glossy cardstock starting with the lightest first.  When you think you have enough drops, take another piece of glossy CS and smash it on top.  I always get too much ink on and have to hunt some for a color that doesn't look muddy and black.  After the ink dried and I found my colorful spot, I stamped the flower on it and cut it out.  It's glued to the log and I added amber jewels.  I like it.

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous. I love how you made the wood and of course, the beautiful blue flowers.

    ReplyDelete