Saturday, October 12, 2013

Repurposed or Recycled



Good Morning, Saturday.  We have warm weather and it's not raining and who can think about Christmas?  Card Makers always have to be ahead of the game, don't we?
One of my very favorite things to do is recycle - anything and everything - and especially on greeting cards.  I found a pattern by Connie Babbert HERE and thought it was a grand idea.  She even has links to samples.   It needed two sided paper.  I actually don't have any that works for Christmas, and I found for this project, my double sided cardstock was too thick, so dug out one of my "bought especially for cards" old dictionaries to use as it has print on both sides.  The red cardstock is a leftover that I had punched a deckled rectangle out of.  It's crooked because it was the leftover. (Don't buy that).  The gift image is Hampton Art and could be colored or paper pieced for more interest.  The tree can also be glued down or DECORATED.  I wanted to start with a simple masculine card, so this is it.  Works for me.

2 comments:

  1. Warm weather! I suppose we can't complain as I only switched the heating on here two days ago, but it's a miserable day here. I love your idea of using a dictionary for the folded Christmas tree - it looks great. I know all about thicker paper not folding well :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat card! Love that dictionary print, folded tree! When they had that challenge on SC last yr, I didn't ever do it. :)

    ReplyDelete